FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum index » Science and Technology » Engineering » Control
Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 16 of 17 [241 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
Author Message
Roy L. Fuchs
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 155

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:35:28 GMT, no one that you know
<nooneshome@shaw.ca> Gave us:

Quote:
Hey turd tampper

Immature, top posting fuckatrd!

Quote:
when did I ever say that started was stalled while holding
the key?

To quote you:

" I just hit the key and hold it even if it
doesnt crank"

Quote:
I hold the key untill it starts to the boarder line of starter abuse untill
the engine fires and starts.

Nice shift, Dip Facey. You aren't even worth replying to, dumbfuck.
Back to top
Roy L. Fuchs
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 155

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:31:32 -0400, repatch <repatch42@yahoo.com> Gave
us:

Quote:
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 05:55:26 +0000, Don Klipstein wrote:

In article <pan.2006.06.05.05.15.53.277981@yahoo.com>, repatch wrote:
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 04:39:26 +0000, Don Klipstein wrote:

In article <pan.2006.06.04.22.07.01.440273@yahoo.com>, repatch wrote:
On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 09:18:24 -0400, Jerry Avins wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

nicksanspam@ece.villanova.edu wrote:

Roy L. Fuchs <roylfuchs@urfargingicehole.org> wrote:


Shorting them actually uses up what charge is available and
doesn't
warm the battery enough to make it crank harder.

It is total myth.

Untrue. Take a look at some capacity vs temp curves. Warming a
fully-charged cold battery can increase the available capacity,
releasing more than the energy used to warm it.


Wrong. Read what he wrote: "doesn't warm the battery enough". That
is true. Long before you get the battery warmer, you make it
deader!

Besides, shorting a battery to warm it is about the stupidest thing
I've ever heard of for other reasons, not the least of which is the
potential for an explosion that will make you really really really
ugly.

If it works, don't knock it. The attitude, "If I can't explain it, I
can't believe it" is more than a bit silly, don't you think?

I agree, and I'm not going to comment on whether it works or not.

That said, I would NEVER do such a thing. It's dangerous for numerous
reasons (big sparks under a hood are never good, grease can burn quite
easily).

I hope you would have found a better example...

In my personal experience? No. I have on the other hand HAD a fire under
the hood due to the grease/residue on the engine catching. Fortunately
there wasn't much and it burned itself out very quickly, but had there
been more it would have been a very bad day for me.

It doesn't matter if my example isn't "good enough", big sparks under the
hood of a car are NEVER a good idea. The possibility of a small gasoline
leak would be reason enough to never attempt such a thing.

Heck, consider that by doing this the pair of pliers weld themselves onto
the connections, a car battery pumping hundreds if not thousands of amps
through a pair of pliers uncontrolled would cause me to run.

And with that much current available, I would expect a car to start
before its driver resorts to the desperation tactics under debate here!

- Don Klipstein (don@misty.com)

Not true, on bigger or higher compression engines it doesn't take the
battery to be that low on capacity to result in a no start. This is
especially true since car manufacturers have REALLY been skimping on CCA
ratings these days.

Even a battery at only 20% charge is scary when short circuited. I don't
think the general public realizes how bad things can get with batteries if
you don't treat them right.


Obviously not, when many of the "engineers" in this group do not even
have a grasp on lead acid battery do's and don't's. I knew this crap
when I was a kid way back in the Sixties.
Back to top
Roy L. Fuchs
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 155

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:48:31 +1000, Peter Dettmann
<peter@aardvark.net.au> Gave us:

Quote:
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 07:47:49 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
roylfuchs@urfargingicehole.org> wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:54:39 +1000, Peter Dettmann
peter@aardvark.net.au> Gave us:

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 06:47:43 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
roylfuchs@urfargingicehole.org> wrote:

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 14:25:53 +1000, Peter Dettmann
peter@aardvark.net.au> Gave us:

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 17:26:50 -0700, "Will" <westes-usc@noemail.nospam
wrote:

"Peter Dettmann" <peter@aardvark.net.au> wrote in message
news:k7c2829tcjdt2nbsmiaghkmjc982bb477c@4ax.com...
You also have probelms keeping your posts just to appropriate news
groups. SPAM is what is is.

I rarely cross post this widely, but for this thread there was not a single
newsgroup that best covered UPS. Which specific newsgroups do you think
this subject didn't belong in, and why?

sci.engr.electrical.sys-protection is the most obvious one as the
question seems not to be a question related to power line system
protection.

Peter Dettmann

What a wuss. Get over it, boy.

I can handle it, but point out the ongoing bad manners. Your comments
seem not to be relevant nor assist in the matter.

Peter Dettmann


Again... GET OVER IT, you STUPID FUCKTARD!

Your continued bad manners and lack of assistance speak for
themselves. Do not presume to consider yourself authorative.


Don't presume to consider yourself a Usenet netkopp, you retarded
twit. Got clue?
Back to top
Peter Dettmann
science forum beginner


Joined: 03 Jun 2006
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 05:48:08 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
<roylfuchs@urfargingicehole.org> wrote:

Quote:
On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:48:31 +1000, Peter Dettmann
peter@aardvark.net.au> Gave us:

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 07:47:49 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
roylfuchs@urfargingicehole.org> wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:54:39 +1000, Peter Dettmann
peter@aardvark.net.au> Gave us:

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 06:47:43 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
roylfuchs@urfargingicehole.org> wrote:

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 14:25:53 +1000, Peter Dettmann
peter@aardvark.net.au> Gave us:

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 17:26:50 -0700, "Will" <westes-usc@noemail.nospam
wrote:

"Peter Dettmann" <peter@aardvark.net.au> wrote in message
news:k7c2829tcjdt2nbsmiaghkmjc982bb477c@4ax.com...
You also have probelms keeping your posts just to appropriate news
groups. SPAM is what is is.

I rarely cross post this widely, but for this thread there was not a single
newsgroup that best covered UPS. Which specific newsgroups do you think
this subject didn't belong in, and why?

sci.engr.electrical.sys-protection is the most obvious one as the
question seems not to be a question related to power line system
protection.

Peter Dettmann

What a wuss. Get over it, boy.

I can handle it, but point out the ongoing bad manners. Your comments
seem not to be relevant nor assist in the matter.

Peter Dettmann


Again... GET OVER IT, you STUPID FUCKTARD!

Your continued bad manners and lack of assistance speak for
themselves. Do not presume to consider yourself authorative.


Don't presume to consider yourself a Usenet netkopp, you retarded
twit. Got clue?

Absolutely not, I have not set to be an expert on net stuff and have
only alluded to the obvious lack of manners you display. You cannot
seriously expect one to have regard for your net acumen when you act
as you do. On the other hand I have not even mentioned the obvious
lack of technical prowess you have shown about the actual subject of
the UPS question.
However I would be in danger of being seriously considered a retard if
I continued this dialogue with you any further.

Peter Dettmann
Back to top
Bud
science forum beginner


Joined: 03 Aug 2005
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

Quote:
However I would be in danger of being seriously considered a retard if
I continued this dialogue with you any further.


He is often (as here) a troll. Please don't continue.
Back to top
no one that you know
science forum beginner


Joined: 03 Jun 2006
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

OOOOOOOOOOOOOI guess I been told .....sorry for the missunderstanding you dork


"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote:

Quote:
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:35:28 GMT, no one that you know
nooneshome@shaw.ca> Gave us:

Hey turd tampper

Immature, top posting fuckatrd!

when did I ever say that started was stalled while holding
the key?

To quote you:

" I just hit the key and hold it even if it
doesnt crank"

I hold the key untill it starts to the boarder line of starter abuse untill
the engine fires and starts.

Nice shift, Dip Facey. You aren't even worth replying to, dumbfuck.
Back to top
no one that you know
science forum beginner


Joined: 03 Jun 2006
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

Funny thing is I wonder what it's like to change a starter ?????I have nevr hed
to do this enlighten me?

"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote:

Quote:
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:35:28 GMT, no one that you know
nooneshome@shaw.ca> Gave us:

Hey turd tampper

Immature, top posting fuckatrd!

when did I ever say that started was stalled while holding
the key?

To quote you:

" I just hit the key and hold it even if it
doesnt crank"

I hold the key untill it starts to the boarder line of starter abuse untill
the engine fires and starts.

Nice shift, Dip Facey. You aren't even worth replying to, dumbfuck.
Back to top
Roy L. Fuchs
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 155

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 05:14:02 GMT, no one that you know
<nooneshome@shaw.ca> Gave us:

Quote:
Funny thing is I wonder what it's like to change a starter ?????I have nevr hed
to do this enlighten me?

You've probably never owned a car with a V8 in it either, dumbass.
Back to top
Peter Dettmann
science forum beginner


Joined: 03 Jun 2006
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 07:43:53 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
<roylfuchs@urfargingicehole.org> wrote:

Quote:
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 04:19:55 GMT, no one that you know
nooneshome@shaw.ca> Gave us:

Trus me when it's minus forty it takes more than a few seconds to cook a
starter.........but thank you for your concern

Look, you top posting Usenet RETARD!

Within a few hundred milliseconds of applying current, the wires
involved in your scenario would not be caring ANYTHING at all about
the outside temperature.

But thanks for trying to squirm away from reality.

It is a well established FACT that non rotating starter motors under
power can catastrophically fry rather quickly.

Put THAT in your keyhole and crank it, you top posting dipshit.

Just as I thought, you have never actually tried it, nor have you the
nous or expertise to pontificate on the subject. Too little
knowledge is a dangerous thing, and your slip is showing.

Peter Dettmann
Back to top
no one that you know
science forum beginner


Joined: 03 Jun 2006
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

Why do you say that?
My first and many after were V8 currently I have a V10 and two V6's
Triton a 3.8 and a 4.3.


"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote:

Quote:
On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 05:14:02 GMT, no one that you know
nooneshome@shaw.ca> Gave us:

Funny thing is I wonder what it's like to change a starter ?????I have nevr hed
to do this enlighten me?

You've probably never owned a car with a V8 in it either, dumbass.
Back to top
Roy L. Fuchs
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 155

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 00:06:03 +1000, Peter Dettmann
<peter@aardvark.net.au> Gave us:

Quote:
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 07:43:53 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
roylfuchs@urfargingicehole.org> wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 04:19:55 GMT, no one that you know
nooneshome@shaw.ca> Gave us:

Trus me when it's minus forty it takes more than a few seconds to cook a
starter.........but thank you for your concern

Look, you top posting Usenet RETARD!

Within a few hundred milliseconds of applying current, the wires
involved in your scenario would not be caring ANYTHING at all about
the outside temperature.

But thanks for trying to squirm away from reality.

It is a well established FACT that non rotating starter motors under
power can catastrophically fry rather quickly.

Put THAT in your keyhole and crank it, you top posting dipshit.

Just as I thought, you have never actually tried it,

Yes... YOU THOUGHT... The problem is, your brain isn't worth a
s**t. It is an established FACT, you stupid fucktard. Commutator bar
motors can fry windings when they are not turning, yet are under
power. Do you deny this FACT?

Quote:
nor have you the
nous or expertise to pontificate on the subject.

Yet one more piece of s**t remark from the brainless twit. Here's a
clue... You do NOT know a goddamned thing about what I do or do not
have expertise in.

Quote:
Too little
knowledge is a dangerous thing,

Go look in the mirror when you say that, dipshit.

Quote:
and your slip is showing.

Yet another bent perception from the 2 inch thick skulled twit.
Back to top
Roy L. Fuchs
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Posts: 155

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 01:19:03 GMT, no one that you know
<nooneshome@shaw.ca> Gave us:

Quote:
Why do you say that?

If you do not know the answer, you are more lost than I originally
thought.

Quote:
My first and many after were V8 currently I have a V10 and two V6's
Triton a 3.8 and a 4.3.

I think you are lying.

You are also a top posting Usenet retard.
Back to top
no one that you know
science forum beginner


Joined: 03 Jun 2006
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

And you are a brokeback bottom poster.

"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote:

Quote:
On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 01:19:03 GMT, no one that you know
nooneshome@shaw.ca> Gave us:

Why do you say that?

If you do not know the answer, you are more lost than I originally
thought.

My first and many after were V8 currently I have a V10 and two V6's
Triton a 3.8 and a 4.3.

I think you are lying.

You are also a top posting Usenet retard.
Back to top
JoeSixPack
science forum beginner


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

"Bud--" <remove.BudNews@isp.com> wrote in message
news:d7b9$44859ba3$4213ea1a$18345@DIALUPUSA.NET...
Quote:
However I would be in danger of being seriously considered a retard if
I continued this dialogue with you any further.


He is often (as here) a troll. Please don't continue.

Getting a rise out of people by provoking them is his only goal. It's a
pathetic pastime if you ask me.
Back to top
Peter Dettmann
science forum beginner


Joined: 03 Jun 2006
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a UPS Design That Doesn't Overheat Batteries Reply with quote

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 01:54:22 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
<roylfuchs@urfargingicehole.org> wrote:

Quote:
On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 00:06:03 +1000, Peter Dettmann
peter@aardvark.net.au> Gave us:

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 07:43:53 GMT, Roy L. Fuchs
roylfuchs@urfargingicehole.org> wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 04:19:55 GMT, no one that you know
nooneshome@shaw.ca> Gave us:

Trus me when it's minus forty it takes more than a few seconds to cook a
starter.........but thank you for your concern

Look, you top posting Usenet RETARD!

Within a few hundred milliseconds of applying current, the wires
involved in your scenario would not be caring ANYTHING at all about
the outside temperature.

But thanks for trying to squirm away from reality.

It is a well established FACT that non rotating starter motors under
power can catastrophically fry rather quickly.

Put THAT in your keyhole and crank it, you top posting dipshit.

Just as I thought, you have never actually tried it,

Yes... YOU THOUGHT... The problem is, your brain isn't worth a
s**t. It is an established FACT, you stupid fucktard. Commutator bar
motors can fry windings when they are not turning, yet are under
power. Do you deny this FACT?


Simplistically the answer is Yes and No.
Obviously it depends onthe circumstances. Here, the whole point was
that the duration would be limited. Also the situation was where the
battery was so stuffed it could not even turn the starter. How would
you assume an explosive energy to come from an effectively temporarily
dead battery?

Quote:
nor have you the
nous or expertise to pontificate on the subject.

Yet one more piece of s**t remark from the brainless twit. Here's a
clue... You do NOT know a goddamned thing about what I do or do not
have expertise in.


True, I only know your limitations in those subjects in which you
display your level of expertise. I am sure you are expert in other
fields ..... but certainly not in manners, and somewhat limited on
the present subject.

Peter Dettmann


Quote:
Too little
knowledge is a dangerous thing,

Go look in the mirror when you say that, dipshit.

and your slip is showing.

Yet another bent perception from the 2 inch thick skulled twit.
Back to top
Google

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 16 of 17 [241 Posts] Goto page:  Previous  1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
The time now is Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:47 am | All times are GMT
Forum index » Science and Technology » Engineering » Control
Jump to:  

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Finding a Web Design Development with a Good Results lbardagol@gmail.com Math 0 Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:21 am
No new posts MagLite, Krypton bulbs and NiCd batteries TwistyCreek Chem 7 Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:47 pm
No new posts Latest Advances in Drug Discovery Design & Planning Methods The Ferryman Chem 0 Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:56 am
No new posts Liquid Heat Pipe Design, Orientation & Wicking Material wwswimming@yahoo.com Mechanics 7 Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:59 pm
No new posts Redox batteries Jean-Marc Delaplace Battery 9 Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:46 pm

Copyright © 2004-2005 DeniX Solutions SRL
Other DeniX Solutions sites: Electronics forum |  Medicine forum |  Unix/Linux blog |  Unix/Linux documentation |  Unix/Linux forums  |  send newsletters
 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.3044s ][ Queries: 16 (0.2721s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]