FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum index » Science and Technology » Engineering » Chemical
New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [30 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page:  1, 2 Next
Author Message
Kevin Long
science forum beginner


Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

Cool.........I guess this means your employer will automatically give you a
pay raise?

"Engi" <fintan.lynch@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1150146456.994349.134010@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
Quote:
If you are an approved Graduate Engineer, why not avail of the new *
International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i *, or * Ing-i * for
Continental Europe.

For further details, see website, http://www.eng-i.com.

Regards,
Fintan Lynch, B.E., M.IEI., Eng-i.
Back to top
jeff
science forum beginner


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 38

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

Yes, and it will enlarge your penis as well!!!!!!
All for a modest fee.
But Wait, there's more, if enough engineers sign up in the next 10
minutes the original poster can hire a copywriter to translate his site
into coherent English.

<cue the Vikings>

KL wrote:
Quote:
Cool.........I guess this means your employer will automatically give you a
pay raise?

"Engi" <fintan.lynch@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1150146456.994349.134010@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
If you are an approved Graduate Engineer, why not avail of the new *
International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i *, or * Ing-i * for
Continental Europe.

For further details, see website, http://www.eng-i.com.

Regards,
Fintan Lynch, B.E., M.IEI., Eng-i.


Back to top
Engi
science forum beginner


Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

Yes, Smart Arse. I would think that you probably do need an enlargement
and that's your problem . Would you not use a real e-mail address or
are you afraid to do so ?

jeff wrote:
Quote:
Yes, and it will enlarge your penis as well!!!!!!
All for a modest fee.
But Wait, there's more, if enough engineers sign up in the next 10
minutes the original poster can hire a copywriter to translate his site
into coherent English.

For further details, see website, http://www.eng-i.com.

Regards,
Fintan Lynch, B.E., M.IEI., Eng-i.


Back to top
jeff
science forum beginner


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 38

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

Sorry, I see you as a spammer selling credentials that are recognized by
no competent authority and do nothing for me or my profession. My Email
address is real however it is munged in an obvious manner to avoid
'bots. A common enough Usenet practice. Don't tell me that confused you???

--
jeff


Engi wrote:
Quote:
Yes, Smart Arse. I would think that you probably do need an enlargement
and that's your problem . Would you not use a real e-mail address or
are you afraid to do so ?

jeff wrote:
Yes, and it will enlarge your penis as well!!!!!!
All for a modest fee.
But Wait, there's more, if enough engineers sign up in the next 10
minutes the original poster can hire a copywriter to translate his site
into coherent English.

For further details, see website, http://www.eng-i.com.

Regards,
Fintan Lynch, B.E., M.IEI., Eng-i.


Back to top
Engi
science forum beginner


Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

I am not selling anything. What I am doing is merely proposing an
idea, and the approved Engineering Societies are considering it at
present. In the meantime I am promoting the idea.
Fintan.

jeff wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, I see you as a spammer selling credentials that are recognized by
no competent authority and do nothing for me or my profession. My Email
address is real however it is munged in an obvious manner to avoid
'bots. A common enough Usenet practice. Don't tell me that confused you???

--
jeff


Engi wrote:
Yes, Smart Arse. I would think that you probably do need an enlargement
and that's your problem . Would you not use a real e-mail address or
are you afraid to do so ?

jeff wrote:
Yes, and it will enlarge your penis as well!!!!!!
All for a modest fee.
But Wait, there's more, if enough engineers sign up in the next 10
minutes the original poster can hire a copywriter to translate his site
into coherent English.

For further details, see website, http://www.eng-i.com.

Regards,
Fintan Lynch, B.E., M.IEI., Eng-i.


Back to top
eromlignod
science forum addict


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

Engi wrote:
Quote:
If you are an approved Graduate Engineer, why not avail of the new *
International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i *, or * Ing-i * for
Continental Europe.

For further details, see website, http://www.eng-i.com.

Regards,
Fintan Lynch, B.E., M.IEI., Eng-i.


Hey! Store-bought credentials: the gold-front-tooth of the engineering
profession!

Do we also get a pinky ring with "Eng-i" emblazoned upon it in
sapphires...and that whistles when you blow on it?

Don
Kansas City
Back to top
Mark Walter
science forum beginner


Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

There already exists a mechanism to recognize those who have demonstrated a
minimal proficiency in the art and science of engineering. It is called a
PE (Professional Engineering) license. Why are u re-inventing the wheel?

M Walter, PE





KL wrote:

Quote:
Cool.........I guess this means your employer will automatically give you
a pay raise?

"Engi" <fintan.lynch@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1150146456.994349.134010@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
If you are an approved Graduate Engineer, why not avail of the new *
International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i *, or * Ing-i * for
Continental Europe.

For further details, see website, http://www.eng-i.com.

Regards,
Fintan Lynch, B.E., M.IEI., Eng-i.
Back to top
Kevin Long
science forum beginner


Joined: 11 May 2005
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

Don't make fun of my pinky ring.

"eromlignod" <eromlignod@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1150234539.525364.277200@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
Quote:
Engi wrote:
If you are an approved Graduate Engineer, why not avail of the new *
International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i *, or * Ing-i * for
Continental Europe.

For further details, see website, http://www.eng-i.com.

Regards,
Fintan Lynch, B.E., M.IEI., Eng-i.


Hey! Store-bought credentials: the gold-front-tooth of the engineering
profession!

Do we also get a pinky ring with "Eng-i" emblazoned upon it in
sapphires...and that whistles when you blow on it?

Don
Kansas City
Back to top
bulk@engineer.com
science forum beginner


Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

KL wrote:
Quote:
Cool.........I guess this means your employer will automatically give you a
pay raise?


The more organised the profession is, the better chance there is of an
overall increase in pay, I would think !

Regards,
John Carey.
Back to top
bulk@engineer.com
science forum beginner


Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

Quote:

Hey! Store-bought credentials: the gold-front-tooth of the engineering
profession!

Do we also get a pinky ring with "Eng-i" emblazoned upon it in
sapphires...and that whistles when you blow on it?

Don
Kansas City

Sarcasm won't do much for the profession ! These are not store-bought.
They are equivalent to the MANY already approved initials in existence
but are a SINGLE INTERNATIONAL identity for all approved Graduates. Is
there something wrong with this idea ?
Regards,
John Carey.
Back to top
Engi
science forum beginner


Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

There are over 200 sets of qualification initials in use by Engineers,
worldwide. I can't see why Engineers are so against the introduction of
the initials * Eng-i * as a single identity, internationally.

Most Engineers themselves don't know the significance of 99.9 % of the
existing initials, so how can the public be expected to know. Lets try
and clean up our mess some way or another.

Are there any other suggestions on how this can be done ?

Fintan.
Back to top
Greg Locock
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 28 May 2005
Posts: 111

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

"Engi" <fintan.lynch@gmail.com> wrote in news:1150146456.994349.134010
@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

Quote:
If you are an approved Graduate Engineer, why not avail of the new *
International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i *, or * Ing-i * for
Continental Europe.

For further details, see website, http://www.eng-i.com.

Regards,
Fintan Lynch, B.E., M.IEI., Eng-i.


While I realise that a memeber of a second rate institution like the M IEI
might be keen to add all the letters they can to their signature, for the
rest of us I don't think it really helps.

Greg Locock
Back to top
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)
science forum Guru


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 2835

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

Dear bulk:

<bulk@engineer.com> wrote in message
news:1150278330.352447.136780@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
Quote:


Hey! Store-bought credentials: the gold-front-tooth
of the engineering profession!

Do we also get a pinky ring with "Eng-i"
emblazoned upon it in sapphires...and that whistles
when you blow on it?

Sarcasm won't do much for the profession !

Sarcasm hides the pain brought on by seeing an age-old scam
brought back into circulation.

Quote:
These are not store-bought.

They are not required by local employers, local governments. So
it is empty window dressing.

Quote:
They are equivalent to the MANY already
approved initials in existence

Yes, they are made out of letters. And the altered case simply
makes them less easy to distinguish as meaning some sort of
honorarium.

Quote:
but are a SINGLE INTERNATIONAL identity
for all approved Graduates. Is there
something wrong with this idea ?

If you can sell it to government as a requirement, say for
international commerce, it is just another straw on the camel's
back. Otherwise, it is simply another scam.

David A. Smith
Back to top
operator jay
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Posts: 142

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

"Engi" <fintan.lynch@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1150282046.877709.140380@f6g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
Quote:
There are over 200 sets of qualification initials in use by Engineers,
worldwide. I can't see why Engineers are so against the introduction of
the initials * Eng-i * as a single identity, internationally.

maybe its because * Eng-i * looks quite gay
Back to top
operator jay
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 29 Apr 2005
Posts: 142

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: New * International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i * and * Ing-i *. Reply with quote

Quote:
If you are an approved Graduate Engineer, why not avail of the new *
International Engineer * initials, * Eng-i *, or * Ing-i * for
Continental Europe.

What the hell is an * International Engineer * ?
Back to top
Google

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [30 Posts] Goto page:  1, 2 Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
The time now is Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:27 am | All times are GMT
Forum index » Science and Technology » Engineering » Chemical
Jump to:  

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts [CFP] Call for Sessions Proposals: The International Mult... imecs___2007@iaeng.org Control 0 Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:11 pm
No new posts Call for Sessions Proposals: The International MultiConfe... imecs_2007@iaeng.org Math 0 Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:28 am
No new posts New *Eng-i* International Initials for Engineers fintan@engologist.com Chemical 2 Tue May 30, 2006 4:37 pm
No new posts the 4th International Conference (SETIT 2007): TUNISIA medsalim.bouhlel@enis.rnu Electromagnetics 0 Sat May 27, 2006 11:10 am
No new posts Magnetic Engineer Giles Electromagnetics 0 Tue May 16, 2006 4:28 pm

Copyright © 2004-2005 DeniX Solutions SRL
Other DeniX Solutions sites: Electronics forum |  Medicine forum |  Unix/Linux blog |  Unix/Linux documentation |  Unix/Linux forums  |  send newsletters
 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1022s ][ Queries: 16 (0.0774s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]