FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum index » Science and Technology » Physics » Particle
Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [39 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page:  1, 2, 3 Next
Author Message
Sue...
science forum Guru


Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 2684

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

GSS wrote:
Quote:
A region of physical space which is devoid of any material particle is
known as empty space or free space or vacuum.

I would note that 'free space' is a term of art with an implied
377 ohm radiation resistance, real and measurable.

'empty space' implies a complete absence of fundamental particles
so it can only exist on paper and would have only imaginary
properties.

If you have an edit in mind, that is a distinction you can exploit
to add a bit more clarity where so much confusion abounds.

Good paper!

Sue...

snip
Back to top
GSS
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 173

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

Sue... wrote:
Quote:
GSS wrote:
A region of physical space which is devoid of any material particle is
known as empty space or free space or vacuum.

I would note that 'free space' is a term of art with an implied
377 ohm radiation resistance, real and measurable.

'empty space' implies a complete absence of fundamental particles
so it can only exist on paper and would have only imaginary
properties.

If you have an edit in mind, that is a distinction you can exploit
to add a bit more clarity where so much confusion abounds.

Good paper!

Sue...

Thanks. I agree with you.

The term 'empty' space is defined as 'space which is devoid of any
material particle' just to avoid focus from material particles and to
focus on the 'space' itself. Actually the fundamental particles are
all embedded in the 'space' and the two can never be literally
isolated.

GSS
Back to top
kenseto
science forum Guru


Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 2151

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

"GSS" <gurcharn_sandhu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1150449573.390101.183880@r2g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
Quote:
A region of physical space which is devoid of any material particle is
known as empty space or free space or vacuum. It is important to note
here that the coordinate space, along with its scale or metric, is our
'human' creation intended to facilitate the quantification of relative
positions of material particles and fields. The existence of physical
space does not depend in any way on the existence or non-existence of
coordinate systems and coordinate spaces. Of course for the study and
analysis of physical space and the material particles and fields
embedded in the physical space we do need the structure of coordinate
systems and coordinate spaces as a quantification tool.

The most significant point to be highlighted here is that whereas the
metric scaling property is only associated with coordinate space, the
physical properties of permittivity, permeability and intrinsic
impedance are only associated with physical space. In essence the
notions of physical space, aether and vacuum represent one and the same
entity - call it by any name. For detailed presentation of this notion,
kindly refer to,

http://www.geocities.com/gurcharn_sandhu/pdf_art/space_aether_vacuum.pdf

Have a look at this link. It gives a descriptiuon of physical space that you
described in the above link.
Http://www.geocities.com/kn_seto/2005Unification.pdf

Ken Seto
Back to top
BlagooBlanaa
science forum beginner


Joined: 05 Mar 2006
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

"GSS" <gurcharn_sandhu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1150461937.911429.219110@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
Quote:

Sue... wrote:
GSS wrote:
A region of physical space which is devoid of any material particle is
known as empty space or free space or vacuum.

I would note that 'free space' is a term of art with an implied
377 ohm radiation resistance, real and measurable.

'empty space' implies a complete absence of fundamental particles
so it can only exist on paper and would have only imaginary
properties.

If you have an edit in mind, that is a distinction you can exploit
to add a bit more clarity where so much confusion abounds.

Good paper!

Sue...

Thanks. I agree with you.

The term 'empty' space is defined as 'space which is devoid of any
material particle' just to avoid focus from material particles and to
focus on the 'space' itself. Actually the fundamental particles are
all embedded in the 'space' and the two can never be literally
isolated.

GSS

and so the term empty space is totally devoid of meaning.


empty space is unphysical, there is no such thing and there never has been
nor will there ever be...
Back to top
dda1
science forum Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 762

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

GSS wrote:
<all imbecility snipped>
Quote:
GSS

Self agrandizing word salad from persistent cretin Gurcharn Sandhu.
Many more such cretins like you in India?
Back to top
Ron Baker, Pluralitas!
science forum beginner


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

"Sue..." <suzysewnshow@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:1150453395.186066.162040@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
Quote:

GSS wrote:
A region of physical space which is devoid of any material particle is
known as empty space or free space or vacuum.

I would note that 'free space' is a term of art with an implied
377 ohm radiation resistance, real and measurable.

'empty space' implies a complete absence of fundamental particles
so it can only exist on paper and would have only imaginary
properties.

If you have an edit in mind, that is a distinction you can exploit
to add a bit more clarity where so much confusion abounds.

Good paper!

No it isn't. It is bogus.
He claims an ether-relative Doppler shift masks out
the possitive result in the MM experiment.
Bogus. Any such such ether-relative Doppler would
have been detected long ago.

He also ignores the energy that would be radiated
in ether 'wake' waves.

--
rb
Back to top
GSS
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 173

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

BlagooBlanaa wrote:
Quote:
"GSS" <gurcharn_sandhu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1150461937.911429.219110@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Sue... wrote:
GSS wrote:
A region of physical space which is devoid of any material particle is
known as empty space or free space or vacuum.

I would note that 'free space' is a term of art with an implied
377 ohm radiation resistance, real and measurable.

'empty space' implies a complete absence of fundamental particles
so it can only exist on paper and would have only imaginary
properties.

If you have an edit in mind, that is a distinction you can exploit
to add a bit more clarity where so much confusion abounds.

Good paper!

Sue...

Thanks. I agree with you.

The term 'empty' space is defined as 'space which is devoid of any
material particle' just to avoid focus from material particles and to
focus on the 'space' itself. Actually the fundamental particles are
all embedded in the 'space' and the two can never be literally
isolated.

GSS

and so the term empty space is totally devoid of meaning.

Kindly read it again, I have not conveyed that impression.

Quote:
empty space is unphysical, there is no such thing and there never has been
nor will there ever be...

Empty space is the seat of all sorts of 'fields'. It is the 'beholder'
of the physical properties of Permittivity, Permeability and intrinsic
impedence.

GSS
Back to top
dda1
science forum Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 762

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

Patented Cretin Gurcharn Sandhu aka GSS wrote:

<all snipped, too imbecile for quoting>
Quote:

GSS

f*** off, imbecile Gurcharn Sandhu.
Back to top
Orion
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Posts: 115

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

Particles cannot interact in empty space. There must be a medium or a
force field that carries the force between them. Fields are more
fundamental than particles.
Back to top
actionintegral@yahoo.com1
science forum beginner


Joined: 16 May 2006
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

Please explain this paper in layman's terms.

To a novice, the paper seems to say "virtual particles form a
preferential rest frame".
Back to top
Sue...
science forum Guru


Joined: 08 May 2005
Posts: 2684

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

actioninteg...@yahoo.com wrote:
Quote:
Please explain this paper in layman's terms.

To a novice, the paper seems to say "virtual particles form a
preferential rest frame".


<< The interstellar gas consists partly of neutral atoms
and molecules, as well as charged particles, such as
ions and electrons. This gas is extremely dilute, with
an average density of about 1 atom per cubic centimeter.
(For comparison, the air we breathe has a density of
approximately 30,000,000,000,000,000,000 molecules
per cubic centimeter.) Even though the interstellar gas
is very dilute, the amount of matter adds up over the vast
distances between the stars. The interstellar gas is
typically found in two forms:

Cold clouds of neutral atomic or molecular hydrogen; and
Hot ionized hydrogen near hot young stars. >>
http://www-ssg.sr.unh.edu/ism/what1.html

<< Thus, it became clear that there was the possibility
that if we assume all actions are via half-advanced and
half-retarded solutions of Maxwell's equations and assume
that all sources are surrounded by material absorbing all
the the light which is emitted, then we could account for
radiation resistance as a direct action of the charges
of the absorber acting back by advanced waves
on the source. >>
http://nobelprize.org/physics/laureates/1965/feynman-lecture.html

Sue...
Back to top
PD
science forum Guru


Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 4363

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

kenseto wrote:

Quote:
Have a look at this link. It gives a descriptiuon of physical space that you
described in the above link.
Http://www.geocities.com/kn_seto/2005Unification.pdf


Here I thought you might be on vacation. Instead you're just hiding
from discussion of your ideas, and chucking your PDF over the transom
now and again.

PD
Back to top
Bob Cain
science forum Guru


Joined: 07 Jun 2005
Posts: 360

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

kenseto wrote:

Quote:
Have a look at this link. It gives a descriptiuon of physical space that you
described in the above link.
Http://www.geocities.com/kn_seto/2005Unification.pdf


See Seto trolling for a nibble to entertain himself with.


Bob
--

"Things should be described as simply as possible, but no simpler."

A. Einstein
Back to top
GSS
science forum Guru Wannabe


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 173

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

uri wrote:
Quote:
Particles cannot interact in empty space. There must be a medium or a
force field that carries the force between them. Fields are more
fundamental than particles.

Let me elaborate it a bit.
Particles cannot interact in empty space if the empty space or vacuum
or aether did not have any physical properties. With the physical
properties discussed in the original post the empty space or vacuum or
aether -call this entity by any name- will serve the same purpose for
which you want to call it a 'medium'. All fields are essentially the
'stress/strain' states of the vacuum!!

GSS
Back to top
dda1
science forum Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 762

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Physical Space, Aether and Vacuum Reply with quote

PieceOfShit Gurcharn Sandhu wrote:

Quote:

Let me elaborate it a bit.

Don't , just f*** off.
Back to top
Google

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 3 [39 Posts] Goto page:  1, 2, 3 Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
The time now is Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:42 am | All times are GMT
Forum index » Science and Technology » Physics » Particle
Jump to:  

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts SRT , GRT and Minkowski space . socratus Relativity 1 Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:49 pm
No new posts aether drift patents 3ality Relativity 0 Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:32 pm
No new posts equilateral triangles in space, and cyclohexane David Madore Math 0 Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:05 pm
No new posts Homology of a certain space question James1118 Math 2 Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:22 pm
No new posts Point Defects in Emergent Vacuum ODLRO Geometrodynamics Jack Sarfatti Math 0 Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:52 pm

Copyright © 2004-2005 DeniX Solutions SRL
Other DeniX Solutions sites: Electronics forum |  Medicine forum |  Unix/Linux blog |  Unix/Linux documentation |  Unix/Linux forums  |  send newsletters
 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0299s ][ Queries: 16 (0.0045s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]