FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   PreferencesPreferences   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forum index » Science and Technology » Math » Recreational
Casariego´s Formula
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
nigro
science forum beginner


Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Casariego´s Formula Reply with quote

Dear friends,

please visit my web site: http://www.asturias.com/casariego

and send me back your comment about it.
Sorry and thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
Dr. Ing. Francisco Casariego/
Oviedo. Spain
Back to top
Frederick Williams
science forum addict


Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 97

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Casariego´s Formula Reply with quote

nigro wrote:
Quote:

Dear friends,

please visit my web site: http://www.asturias.com/casariego

and send me back your comment about it.
Sorry and thanks for your time.

"The magnitude of the line will be dictated by the section of its wires,
the quality of its insulation and by its capacity to resist the most
adverse stress conditions."

In my country high voltage power lines are uninsulated and consist of a
conductor made of aluminium wrapped round a steel core. The conductor
is on the outside because of the skin effect and the steel provides the
strength so that the lines can be strung from high pylons making
insulation unnecessary. The problem of carrying water is altogether
different.

--
Remove "antispam" and ".invalid" for e-mail address.
Back to top
Mike Amling
science forum Guru


Joined: 05 May 2005
Posts: 525

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Casariego´s Formula Reply with quote

In article <449E86F5.948EFB4C@antispamtesco.net.invalid>,
Frederick Williams <Frederick.Williams1@antispamtesco.net.invalid> wrote:
Quote:

In my country high voltage power lines are uninsulated and consist of a
conductor made of aluminium wrapped round a steel core. The conductor
is on the outside because of the skin effect and the steel provides the
strength so that the lines can be strung from high pylons making
insulation unnecessary. The problem of carrying water is altogether
different.

I can see how the insulation would not be needed under normal conditions,
but occasionally you get foreign objects making contact with both the
wire and the ground (kite strings) or the wire and the support structure
(wildlife). Is a layer of insulation merely prohibitively expensive, or
is it futile as well (i.e., the voltage is so high that any plastic
coating would undergo dielectric breakdown)?

--
Please reply to: | "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is
pciszek at panix dot com | indistinguishable from malice."
Autoreply is disabled |
Back to top
jasen
science forum beginner


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Casariego´s Formula Reply with quote

On 2006-06-27, Paul Ciszek <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
Quote:

In article <449E86F5.948EFB4C@antispamtesco.net.invalid>,
Frederick Williams <Frederick.Williams1@antispamtesco.net.invalid> wrote:

In my country high voltage power lines are uninsulated and consist of a
conductor made of aluminium wrapped round a steel core. The conductor
is on the outside because of the skin effect and the steel provides the
strength so that the lines can be strung from high pylons making
insulation unnecessary. The problem of carrying water is altogether
different.

I can see how the insulation would not be needed under normal conditions,
but occasionally you get foreign objects making contact with both the
wire and the ground (kite strings) or the wire and the support structure
(wildlife). Is a layer of insulation merely prohibitively expensive, or
is it futile as well (i.e., the voltage is so high that any plastic
coating would undergo dielectric breakdown)?

330Kv takes quite a lot of insulation.
thats why the use long insulators

Bye.
Jasen
Back to top
Google

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
The time now is Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:16 am | All times are GMT
Forum index » Science and Technology » Math » Recreational
Jump to:  

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
No new posts Stumped with figuring a formula... moriman Recreational 8 Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:21 am
No new posts Newton's formula kunzmilan@atlas.cz Math 0 Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:12 am
No new posts formula for 1/1+1/2+1/3+1/4+1/5......+1/(L-1) NILS BÖRJESSON Math 2 Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:59 pm
No new posts ? algorithm to fill out the gap of Sherman-Morrison formula Cheng Cosine num-analysis 7 Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:13 pm
No new posts Mathematical formula to compare integer sequence Abstract Dissonance Math 13 Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:09 pm

Copyright © 2004-2005 DeniX Solutions SRL
Other DeniX Solutions sites: Electronics forum |  Medicine forum |  Unix/Linux blog |  Unix/Linux documentation |  Unix/Linux forums  |  send newsletters
 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0192s ][ Queries: 16 (0.0035s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]